Friday, June 10, 2016

I want to have a funeral for "We've always done it this way"

I want to have a funeral for "We've always done it this way."  I want to write it on a piece of paper, light it with a match, and watch it burn until it is no longer recognizable.  I won't spread the ashes in mourning, but as a reminder that our students deserve better.  We deserve better.


There isn't really a story with this one.  Just something I've been thinking about a lot lately.

When I first sat down, I thought I'd have more to say here, but I think anyone reading this will get the point just fine on their own.  This is a post more for me than anyone else, because I don't ever want to be a person who is ok with maintaining the status quo.  So for me, for you, for us...Let's stop making excuses for why the world isn't the way we want it to be.  Let's just go out there and do it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment